Finished the climb from Sonnino to the peak, that was grand. All the hard stuff was yesterday. So I’m at 850 metres (around the height of Galtee Mor) and nice views and all that but I have only one thought really. How do I get down? What is Hitler? Why is Spain? Some people like descending, I don’t, I hate it, especially over rough ground and with no phone signal. If you fall or slip going up, no big deal usually, but if you fall going down, you can do some serious damage to yourself. Especially with a pack. You really need a stick. And despite lots of trees around all the loose stuff was damp. Anyway I did get down safety but it was no fun. Massive concentration and promises to God etc. I meant it at the time.
I dreamt that I discovered a body on the beach. That would be exciting. Then I thought how would I tell the cops? I don’t speak Italian. Then I thought what if the body was actually my body. That would also be tricky to explain. I could shrug a lot I suppose. But if I was on the phone. “I think I have found a body. Yes, he looks dead. I think it’s me.”
Comments
Post a Comment