Devastating News (Not Clickbait)

The dream is over. The Iceland Tourist Board have just informed me that based on user feedback they are no longer interested in the blog! Imagine that. 

They cite reader feedback as the primary reason. Apparently ‘yawn fest’ was mentioned a lot, as were the phrases ‘what a tosser’ and something about ‘paint drying’. I said back to them that they could stick their award; there are plenty of media interested in my interesting, thoughtful and quirky asides into life on the Via Francigena. 

Thing is, though, there isn’t anyone else and this is all bad. My Asian partners have also withdrawn unless I can produce a cat with an Italian accent. Where’s it all going to end in this race to the bottom of the attention span. When quality journalism like this blog finds itself out in the cold like this, well, things are really bad. Of course, I will still continue, the Sins of Others won’t redeem themselves as you know. Suffering is always required. Someone always has to step up. I suppose the TV rights are out the window as well. This isn’t good for my mental wellness. And me with a zero carbon footprint in Italy. Down with big media! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 - Fondi (25 kms)

Finding bodies