Day 4 - Sonnino (30 kms)

Got lucky with the heavy shower starting out, five minutes later and I’d have been drowned on that hill. Nice path if you are a goat but in fairness there was plenty of rope fencing on the side of the hill. Break in Priverno and 90 minutes walk to the Abbey at Fossanova where I gave a great speech, you can see the crowd below enjoying it. 


Then the kicker, 6kms of an uphill slog to Sonnino. Holy God, these mountains. I practically died. The 2kms out of Cori were nothing on this. Only advantage was that the path ended above the town. This town is the size of the five Cincaterra villages combined, all on the side of a hill. As for the state of their footpaths, no comment. Anyway, another amazing town. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 - Fondi (25 kms)

Finding bodies