Day 22 - Monopoli (25kms)

Early start and then more dodgy signing cost me a few kms and then into Cozze, no bar, no good, and then through the lettuce fields. I cast a long (and let’s face it , a wide) shadow. 


Then the long slog into Monopoli. Houses everywhere. Not overly keen on this spot, the historical centre reminds me a bit of the old quarter in New Orleans but the town is just too big. Bari’s is better as they say in Cork. I treated myself to a nice lunch there rather than the normal cheese/ham roll. 




Comments

  1. Frank - I just fully caught up with your blog. Impressive commitment as it sounds a bit tough. Hang in there and I wish I was along for the journey. Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many more days to go Frank? Hope the boots make it to the end. Also, I can’t help but feel that the Giulia entry has been sanitized (joking). In any case, I feel like a weight has been lifted as my sins have been washed away. Will have a drink in your honour at Hi B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 - Fondi (25 kms)

Finding bodies