Day 0 - Travel Day Castel Gandolfo 10 kms)

The usual, flight delayed one hour, then bus into the city, Roma Termini, I walked down to the colloseum and had a look around and then zig-zagged my way back. Place wasn’t overcrowded with tourists, most pleasant, 25 degrees. Don’t know why I pre-booked regional train to Castel Gandolfo, better off just buying at the station. 

Know across the World as the Pope’s summer residence, it is a pretty spot overlooking Lake Albano. Nice small square at the top and restaurants all over the place. Places I couldn’t afford and let’s face it, fine dining is not for one. Also, first act of kindness where a woman walked 250 metres to her car and back to stamp my credenzial, amazing. I didn’t ask her, it was my hotel lady who told her I wanted one and the only bar in the village that had a stamp was closed. But this lady had her own stamp because she lets out summer houses and so she helped me out. What a gal. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 - Fondi (25 kms)

Finding bodies